No. Freakin'. Way.
National Geographic just made my afternoon by reporting on an extremely rare "Cyclops" albino shark -- and they have photos! Check 'em out here.
Dude kinda reminds me of Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc.
Anyway, here's some of the science behind "Mike," as I shall now call him:
- He was discovered in the womb of legally-caught mama dusky shark, along with 9 completely normal siblings.
- Yes, the eye works!
- Cyclopia is a real congenital disease (condition existing at birth).
- Cyclopia occurs in several animal species, including humans.
- No cyclops sharks have been observed outside the womb, suggesting they don't survive long in the wild.
- He had other abnormalites, including albinism, no nostrils, and deformations.
- The defects are not suspected to be related to pollution.